One Heart

The Most Sacred and Royal Heart of Jesus and the Most Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary are truly One and the same Heart, may my poor heart someday be one with theirs.

Name:
Location: Florence, Italy

I am a Roman Catholic, Pro-Life (No exceptions, no compromise), radical right-wing conservative... And I'm loving it!!!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Christendom Reunion and After

Well, the past week and a half have been a bit crazy. Just as I was beginning to put together a nice schedule, the Christendom crowd came and swamped us. No, it wasn't bad, we had an awesome time! When they arrived some of them didn't know I was supposed to be here so they were shocked to see me and others didn't know really why I was here, so they asked cautious questions like "What are you actually doing here anyway?" or "Are you some kind of novice here or something?" It was great!! I straightened them out a bit, but many of them still gave me this look like, ..."yeah, I know you are actually going to stay here and become a nun, but you don't have to tell me yet." Well, in part they are right...religious life = YES; Florence = there is a chance!
Anyway, coming back from that diversion...the girls stayed here at the convent in a dormitory across from the boarders' dormitory and the boys stayed in a hotel down the street. However, from the reports I heard, the boys would have rather stayed here too. They ended up coming for breakfast on the last two days because they weren't being fed at the other place. Also, Italians are not big on personal bubbles so they put two of our guys in one room with one double bed...not exactly what our guys were hopeing for. I don't think Christendom will go back to that hotel next semester. But anyway I think they all enjoyed Florence and I loved having them here. I was able to jump on and off their tours every so often during the mornings and I popped in for a bit of their evening classes. It was fun to see Madre in classroom mode and to be a mischievious college student again. One of the nights I was even able to go out to dinner with a few of the Christendomites (Dan, Lola, and Trena). It was great to catch up with them and to see old friends from the States. I am so blessed to have such awesome friends! I was sorry to have to say good-bye at the end of the week. Since then I have been getting back into a schedule and repairing the damage they did...no, not really damage, just washing towels, sheets etc. and cleaning the dormitory. For those of you who really know me and some of my weaknesses, you would get a kick out of some of the things I do here at the convent, such as taking split second cold showers and ironing all the girls things including jeans and, oh yeah, remember those sheets I mentioned, yeah those have to be ironed too. : ( Anyway I am doing well despite cold showers and ironing sheets.

I am glad to have the time here and I feel confident that it is where God wants me for now so that brings me joy. I know the time I am spending here is preparing me for what He has planned for me in the future. I am learning a lot (not necessarily Italian, though I am trying to learn that too) about how to deal with people and situations and a lot about myself. I know this knowledge will serve me well now and in time. In the meantime, I am enjoying the present, though I miss you all and wish you could spend it with me! God Bless! Courage!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Jo said...

Hey Tony. I've been thinking of you & praying for you lots--esp. on your feast day! FL's been awesome. God's been working on my heart a lot here. He's so good! Love ya!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Hello, Lady!
I am glad that you are doing well. I offered up my Mass and Holy Communion for you on your Feast Day a little bit ago. (Saint Therese) I miss you and would appreciate an e-mail once in a blue moon! :o) You're in my prayers! Love you and miss you!
Addie

3:11 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Time for a new posting, Miss Dodge. You need to keep up better with this: we all want to know how our dear friend is and what she is up to. :o)

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home