One Heart

The Most Sacred and Royal Heart of Jesus and the Most Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary are truly One and the same Heart, may my poor heart someday be one with theirs.

Name:
Location: Florence, Italy

I am a Roman Catholic, Pro-Life (No exceptions, no compromise), radical right-wing conservative... And I'm loving it!!!

Sunday, September 17, 2006

My Holy Adventure!

Today (Sunday), I went to Gricigliano for the Traditional Latin High Mass. It was great to be back, although I wasn't able to go with the Sister Adorers this week so I had to go by train. That's not so bad except when it is pouring rain...so naturally what intelligent thing did I do - I walked two hours in the rain!!!! I walked the forty min. walk from the convent to the train station in Florence, took the train to Sieci, got off and walked the hour and twenty min. walk through the town, down the road, and up the mountain to Gricigliano. But at least I had thought ahead a bit and I wore my white wrinkled shirt with a sweatshirt (it was cold in the rain) and my raincoat, long running pants, and running shoes. Then in my backpack I carried my long blue skirt and my church shoes. But by the time I got to the seminary I was completely drenched to the bone!!!!! (Note: I had put my dry stuff in a plastic bag in my satchel so it was still dry). So I get there and I stop a seminarian going into the place and ask him if I can use their bathroom - but of course he doesn't speak English or Italian - only French, so he doesn't understand me - finally I just ask for Abbé Stein and he understood that and got him for me. So Abbé Stein was happy to see me, even though I looked like a drowned rat. He took me to a bathroom and I did a Superman change into dry church clothes and looked semi decent, though my hair was still dripping wet...and naturally the church had to be air conditioned. So I was freezing cold for about three hours (Terce, that is one of the hours of the Divine Office, and Solemn Mass). But the way back was better. I came out of church and was going to say hello to Mother Superior, but I forgot that they usually leave right away to get back for lunch at their convent. So when I came out of the church Abbé Stein was waiting for me and rushed me up the hill to the parking lot where I saw the first of the sisters' cars go by. Fortunately for me, Abbé Stein was able to catch the second car and I was able to get a ride back to Florence with them. Then I walked from their convent back to the other convent where I am staying, but it had stopped raining and the sun had come out for a bit so it was all good. Then I got into nice warm and dry clothes at the convent!! Happy Me!!
But, the adventure aside, I was very happy to be able to go back to Gricigliano and to see the Mother Superior again. It is like a little piece of heaven right outside of Florence, so it was worth the wet and the cold!

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Ted,

You poor dear! Actually, that's quite an amusing story, and something that would happen to me. :o) I am glad that you get to ride back to the convent. I hope that next time you stay out of the rain! :o) Love you lots, dearest!
Addie

2:41 PM  
Blogger Kelly Jo said...

Hey Tony!!! Glad you're doing well though and praying for you lots. Btw, you might want to get password verification put on your site (log on on Blogger.com and then go to your comment options I think) so spammers can't leave random comments like those above. Love you & miss you!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home